It's 330am. I have no idea why I'm still up. I like questionairre thingys, and Kelly was today's big winner.
1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
I bought a house.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember having a new years resolution, I'm sure I did, so maybe I sucked at it. I may for this year. But I've yet to stick to one that I can remember at least.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Only place I went to this year was... Chicago. Outside of FL that is. So, nothing fancy.
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
Money ;) Nah, I'd say motivation to get out and do more things. Or not even get out. Just motivation for ANYTHING. I'd like a girlfriend too. But that's not something totally in my control, now is it?
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
December 13/14th, the days when my Mom was in the hospital and had open-heart surgery.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting out on my own. Getting a promotion at work. Getting my own house.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting a social life, and complaining about not having one, though it was my own doing. Obviously if I got out more, and met more people, then I may find someone ... and so I didn't, it's not a failure really. But I realize I could have done better. I tried though.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I got a cold for a few days..
11. What was the best thing you bought?
This thing I live in.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My brothers friend Rob Pruitt, who still to this day helps my Mom out, and was at the hospital every day with our family.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
CDs. Video games. Food. Mortgage and Bills. And House repairs before I moved in. I dumped at least 2 grand of my own cash, and my parents put in more than me.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I thought I had a date with this girl I liked, and it turns out she was still in a relationship, and it was "friends" thing (or so she said)
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2005?
Probably that fucking Disco Inferno song. But honestly, I don't think a particular song will. I listen to way too much music.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happy? Eh. Mostly content, yeah.
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter. I think I've put on weight. It sucks. I'm extra loveable now though.
iii. richer or poorer? Richer, I got a $3/hr raise when I moved to Geek Squad
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Getting out of the house. But not to spend money. Sometimes I just get bored and go out and buy things. I mean going out to parties, etc. I did a few at the end of the year though. So making a change.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Spent too much time on heartache.
20. How will you be spending New Years?
Well, it's over. But I was at Cory's house all evening. From 430pm until 1:45am or so. We had a keg of Bud Light and some more beer. It was all gone ;P
21 Did you fall in love in 2005?
Yes. Though it was for naught. Friends!
22 How many one-night stands?
23 What was your favorite TV program?
Ghost Hunters on SciFi. I don't normally watch TV but it's a cool show. And... Modern Marvels on History :)
24.Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate anyone really. Or even dislike. Some people annoy me, but that's it. Them being annoying is probably just me being me.
25.What was the best book you read?
Fortress Draconis by Michael A. Stackpole. Great series, only the end of the 2nd book was like "WTF" and the end of the 3rd was way to abrupt. He went too fast on the last book.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Woods of Ypres and Type O Negative (though they've been around forever, heh.. I jut now got into them)
27. What did you want and get?
I can't think of anything at the moment.
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Huh. I don't think I really liked anything that came out this past year. I haven't seen King Kong yet though. And no, I didn't like Sin City.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25 two days ago. I went out to Uncle Ernie's with my family and then went home around 9am after that. And I sat and did nothing. Billy and Dave were both gone, and Kevin totally didn't call me when he went to a party.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Once again, a relationship would have been nice. I'm tired of this single life crap. I'm getting old, and I'm getting ready to settle down. I don't want to be an old man before I get to enjoy being married to someone I love, I don't want to be an old man if I ever do decide I would like kids, because then I wouldn't be able to do everything I wanted to.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Jeans and a metal t-shirt.
34. What kept you sane?
My favorite bands. Music.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don't like any celebrities. They're just ordinary people with extraordinary jobs.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I hate politics. Though I realize it's a necessary evil, but still, that doesn't mean I have to like the scumbags.
37. Who did you miss?
Sadly, I missed Adrienne more than I should have. That was 4 years ago. But still, I think I miss her because it's the most meaningful relationship I ever had, where I seriously couldn't see myself wanting anyone else.. See question 32. That's why I miss it. Because I'm lonely, and when you're lonely you get all kinds of feelings churned up.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005.
Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Funny. I just bought this CD yesterday, and I saw the lyrics and went "Wow, that's powerful" -- and so, here it is:
"Sometimes I get to thinking of the past
When I've had more than a drink or two
Who knows where the days go
And would you ever want them back"
Primordial - "Cities Carved in Stone"